Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Walking the dogs



I saw a young man walking seven dogs at once, all sizes, in Riverside Park at lunch today, where I went to go read. The picture will not do it justice, as I could not get close enough. They came upon a woman walking one small dog. She stopped the man with a cheery, "Hel-Loooooo!" Whether she was saying this because she knew him, or because he had seven cute dogs, I don't know. The seven dogs immediately surrounded her one dog, with much gusto.

I was taking a quick break, having finished lunch at my desk and about to embark upon a serious editing job for the early afternoon. I am nervous about calling my sponsor, as she is rather unresponsive, including not answering e-mail. I don't know wht I'm supposed to be doing in this relationship. I still like her, though, and want to stick it out, at least for a while.

I am thinking about what I want to say on my other blog about the scene. I'm faced with another OTK night at the club, where I will have to confront certain people, nip things in the bud. But how? Should I be more, or less, concerned about hurting feelings? Should I be less concerned about attraction (my attraction to someone else)? With certain male subs it feels natural and appealing. Like with Todd, who responds very well to what I do, and can take a lot. But yet, to maintain that attitude is hard. (THAT would be good to write about). I am not always in that head space, and have to step into it.

Speaking of certain head spaces, where are the doms who can step in and handle me? There is an ache that I suppress sometimes. I'm tired of supplicants. I want a man who knows he is a man. (by the way, just so we are clear, my husband is one, and pretty much the only one who can give me what I need lately.) At Shadow Lane there will be others.

Hey, check out these new-fangled shopping baskets that you can PULL like a carry-on bag. Found these in the Morton Williams Supermarket on Broadway between 115th and 116th. Pretty awesome!






No comments: