Thursday, July 5, 2007

Now get back to work




What a weird one-day holiday. I kept thinking, is this Saturday? Don't want to go back to work today, but then again, we only have two days until the weekend.

Yesterday we went to Belmont, P., me, and my ex-boyfriend J. J. has been a horse racing nut as long as I've known him. I dated him about five years ago, for about six months, and it didn't work romantically but we remained friends. P. likes hanging out with him so it's nice.

At Belmont a horse in the 5th race, P.J. Indy, came through for me. Morning odds were at 8-1 but it had risen to 23-1 by the time the race started. I put $2 win/place on him and got $60.80 back. In the sixth race, P. and J. both put money on Tenacious Star, who was 20-1. I liked Parade the Flag in that race, so went off on my own. Tenacious Star won. J. had bet $6 win/place so his return was $184, while P. got $61.40 on his $2 win/place bet.

A good day, all around. I placed a few more bets with my winnings so didn't take it all home, but still walked away with $26 in profits.

I love hanging out with J. and P. J. talks and talks, repeats himself when he makes a joke, and often gets a little crude, but we like him. He's honest and down to earth.

I had to help open up my home group meeting at 7:30, so P. and I went home and made a nice omelet, with sauteed eggplant on the side, for dinner. It started raining lightly around 5 p.m. I was glad we hadn't decided to go to the beach (it was overcast and chilly all day). At the meeting, people talked about drinking on holidays, feeling left out because they weren't invited to a barbecue today, but overall it was a light hearted meeting and everyone was laughing a lot.

No comments: