Sunday, December 2, 2007

I have a dream...

Yes, I've probably lost it, posting pictures of plates on my blog, but the plates, the cabinets, the kitchen, the apartment, have been eating at me for months. "Where are we going to put everything?" That's the main question. "Can we make it look nice?" is secondary to the space issue, BUT in trying to resolve the space issue, I don't want to make things look BAD in the process.

I'm starting to conclude that we'll simply have to move a lot of items into the bedroom and work on making the living room look neater and nicer. We don't spend much time in the bedroom; we are usually in the living room either doing stuff on the computer, working on a craft, watching TV or reading.

So, as the year begins to wind down maybe that will be my before-year-end goal -- to clear out the remaining clutter from the living room corner and rearrange the furniture.

Bins currently holding kitchen items will be emptied, probably, within the next few days. Those bins will then be filled with living room junk that we can't throw out yet.

I have a dream of an apartment that looks like one you may see on TV or in a magazine. I probably won't get that apartment. But there are things I can do (and am doing) to make it nicer. P. will thank me when I start nagging him to clear off the dining room table.

No comments: