Tuesday, December 25, 2007

FOOD! Arghhhhhhhhh!

I broke down. I suck. I caved to temptation, ate dessert at my brother's house yesterday AND a handful of nuts at my mom's. I was pretty good today, but did have some snacks that were set out prior to dinner.

I hate these freaking parties with all the food! I have NO PROBLEM seeing booze and watching other people drink. It's the chocolate brownies, the carrot cake, the cheese cake, the boxes of chocolate. I am so weak! I need more of a strategy beyond hiding in a closet in a bedroom upstairs.

I took long walks over the last couple of days. Tomorrow I go back to work, and I'll schedule a time on the treadmill.

Oh, yes, Paul gave me 10 with the liquid cane for breaking the diet. Five over jeans, five on the bare bottom. Yow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you know what I say - moderation! Denying yourself things you like does lead to binging, etc. Diets need room in them for dessert, especially during the holidays. You can cut back in many areas to help with that. Go easy on or avoid things like gravy, or cream sauces. Use smaller plates so you don't fill up big ones with too much food. Drink water instead of juice.

What is the point of eating if you cannot enjoy what you eat? Just plan for those things you want. Denying yourself dessert is more like punishing yourself for having extra weight, and you are not a bad/evil person for having it. Have your plan, yes, but make it one you can happily live with instead of making the diet a punishment. Make it a celebration of healthy living!

-Dolly

Girl on the QMIA... said...

I understand all that, but I can't keep "allowing" myself what I want and still lose weight. Sacrifices must be made -- at least for now. I'll allow more balance later, IF I keep up my exercise. That's also key. I indulge at the two remaining parties, tonight and New Year's Eve, I'll work out longer the next day, and I'll take my strokes.