Sunday, June 15, 2008

Do I have something to say?


AKA, "who needs a big-ass paddling?"

The internet seems to be sucking the life out of me. I sat staring at my computer screen for the last couple hours before dinner, doing what? -- Looking at spanking web sites, reading other people's blogs, reading gossips, answering emails -- everything but writing, which is the number one thing I SHOULD be doing. Suddenly, in my mind what I have to say has become irrelevant. "No one wants to hear it. Why bother?"

This is where my head is at. I wanted to post a real Florida Moonshine party report, but I was too exhausted the first couple days back and now everyone else has reported on it ad nauseam. Whatever I contribute now will be boring. So my comments have been reduced to, "Yeah, great party!"

I turned 45 on Thursday, with little notice on FMS, Shadow Lane, or any other site I belong to. That's just as well. I really do not want to be reminded that I am now fully, solidly, and undeniably entrenched in middle age. I am not feeling sorry for myself. My life is really, really good right now. Probably better than it's ever been. And I think I look pretty darn good for 45. I just did 50 push ups in a row a little while ago (my goal is 150 for today since I skipped two days). I'm pretty active and I don't have any major health problems.

But I do have issues, and things that I would like to overcome, and I'm not getting out of my rut and overcoming them. And I wonder if I can.

My main issue is -- when am I going to get some GUTS and start doing what I feel the urge to do? When am I going to restring my guitar, pick it up, and play it in public again? When am I going to write a song again? When am I going to stop telling myself I can't write -- and just start writing? When am I going to start creating a new mosaic? When am I going to finish decorating the apartment...

And, as far as the BDSM scene goes, when am I going to stop telling myself that subs are just a dime a dozen and to a top, I am nothing but another butt? "Yes, I can take a good spanking, but so can lots of younger women with firmer asses..."

This is one reason I got into topping. I LOVE the attention. I never got much attention when I was younger, heavier, tens times shyer, and tens times more worried about what other people would think of me. Being in the scene gives me lots of attention. And I think I'm pretty good at topping, although I do have much to learn.

I feel so much competition as a sub; I feel I am vying for the tops' attention. I don't feel that as much, as a top.

Problem is, I don't REALLY get my deep needs met as a top. I really need to submit if a scene is to be a quality scene for me. Whether that's submitting to someone's control for several hours, or simply submitting to a level of pain -- that's what I crave.

Sigh. Well, at least I've gotten some words out, which I haven't done most of the week. I may revisit this later.

And I do have something to say, I think...

6 comments:

Hal said...

I think your blog entry is exactly what a blog entry should be. It was refreshing. Blog entries should be the writer's thoughts at the time. Straight forward, honest and real.

I also enjoyed the pictures. First time to visit this site, but it is bookmarked now. Thanks - Hal.

Girl on the QMIA... said...

Thanks, Hal! Hope to hear from you again.

Anonymous said...

GRRR - Ok, I did not contact you on your bday, or Rad on his, or my sister on her's (which was the 16th - augh!). I've not been keeping up, instead, allowing life to overcome me (I won't list the ways - trust me). No excuse is good enough.

I probably rely too much on SOs posting the usual greetings on SL.

I do promise to make it up to all three of you. As long as you all know you are loved. Or I can be in trouble... -Dolly

Anonymous said...

Oh, and you have LOTS to say! I'm glad you are back to blogging here - I missed it. -Dolly

Girl on the QMIA... said...

It's all right. You'll just have to give me a belated birthday spanking when we do connect!

Anonymous said...

hey,email Alona at FMS so we know it is ok to celebrate your birthday! You should be spanked for NOT telling people! And FMS does have a 180 day rule....so you are still in luck!
swfloridabrat