Sunday, June 29, 2008

Public speaking, public play

Last night we headed to Paddles for the TES spanking night. TES stands for The Eulenspiegel Society (http://www.tes.org/), a NY-based BDSM society that's been around for 37 years. They host workshops, demos, and talks on various scene topics. (This coming weekend is the TES Fest in New Jersey; details: http://www.tesfest.org/. I can't attend as I'm traveling for work, but I recommend it for anyone wishing a broader picture, more knowledge about what's out there.)

TES also hosts a spanking night, with a talk or a demo, once a month at Paddles. Last night, the "theme" was a "most spankable butt" contest. Because of the downpour in the early evening, a lot of people stayed home, so when I got there, I was the only woman. Yikes. I hadn't planned on entering the contest, because ... well, you know, I didn't want to make things unfair for everyone else (ha)!

But when no other women showed up, the organizers figured they better switch gears. The contest was cancelled and they asked Rad and me to join the guest moderator, Jesse, and give a little talk about public play. They also asked me if I could spank any of the men in the audience who wanted a spanking. I said, "Sure!"

The audience was small, still mostly men (two other women had come in by then). I had no idea what was going to come out of my mouth, but I got up and started talking, and then I made Rad take over for a little while, and then Jesse said a few words. Finally I asked for volunteers. The guys were only a little bit shy, several jumped right up to get spanked. It was a lot of fun. While spanking the first guy, I gave a little mini-lecture on safewords -- especially when playing with a brand new partner whose limits you don't know yet.

I always try to let Rad be my first and last top of the evening, so I asked him if he "wanted" to come up and spank me. As if. And boy, did he!

After that I "opened it up" to anyone who wanted to top OR bottom. I only got one taker from the top side, a newbie, who did just fine and gave me a moderate (AKA "good girl") spanking. Another audience member confessed he needed a school paddling in front of the "class." He even presented me with a proper wooden paddle to use. Ms. Cassandra kicked into gear, lecturing him just like a school teacher would. Then she let loose with ten very hard -- but slowly paced -- strokes with the big paddle. He reacted quite nicely and I think he was satisfied.

After that, Jesse took over again and invited a newish couple, J. and L. from Boston, to come to the front and play. They ended up being very entertaining. J., the husband, gave his wife L. FIVE HUNDRED strokes with a variety of implements for something silly she'd done. She had a real cute bottom (plus she could take a LOT) and they both had the audience laughing with their banter back and forth.

It was a fun night. When regular play started, Rad led me back to the main stage and gave me 36 with the cane. We had just gotten new canes shipped from WhypDancer (http://www.canes4pain.com/). I also got to paddle and cane H., a subbie I sometimes play with. I loved hearing the rattan whistle down and his little yelps of pain afterward. He rewarded me with a foot massage when we were done. I never turn down a foot massage, and he happened to know what he was doing -- always a plus!

Rad and I were pretty much done for the night after that, and we said our goodbyes and headed home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how lemons turned into lemonade in your blog post. I'm also glad you did not end up as the only woman there. I'm surprised there were not more, but as you say, the weather...

I helped present a workshop on switching (meaning orientation, not the implements) and found I was both nervous and eager to speak. There is something rewarding and satisfying about helping others in the scene. Glad you got another chance at it (I'm sure it won't be the last).

Dolly

Ms. Cassandra (Sandy) Park said...

It was practice for this weekend; I have to conduct a writing workshop and give a brief talk.