Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Consumed by work right now

I don't want to talk about the spankings I still need and what Rad may or may not do to me when we go to Paddles this Saturday night. I'm overwhelmed with deadlines at work. Last night I took work home and shut myself up in the bedroom with it for an hour. So I missed the Florida Moonshine regular Tuesday chat and Shadow Lane chat. I'm going to be continuing my work on the bus this morning, as I have to prepare for a 10:30 a.m. meeting.

I may have mentioned a while back that I was promoted at work. I had applied for my boss's job when she left, but the higher-ups decided to open up and fill a higher-level position. I was technically qualified for the more advanced position, but they went with someone with more managerial experience. Problem is, she won't be starting for another few weeks. I've been covering for my old supervisor for nearly two months now. (Funny, isn't it? -- we won't promote you to this job, but -- go ahead and do it until we hire someone!)

In a strange perverse way I LIKE the responsibility, and I'm getting to be more creative than I was before. I've been asked to conduct a small workshop, which is something I've never done before. Plus I'll have to speak briefly in front of maybe 1,500 to 2,000 people at a conference next weekend. I'm trying not to think about THAT too much. I'm okay with all of this, oddly confident, actually, but much planning needs to be done. I need to work out a format for my workshop, decide what I'm going to say and what my coworker, who's helping, is going to say.

But no matter what, there's a lot of extra work, and I'm working some extra hours, and I have stress.

I don't feel a good balance in my life right now. I need to connect with people, not just kinky people, but my vanilla and ex-drunk friends, too. Need to connect, yet ... feel like I'll have to FORCE myself to dial the numbers. Haven't even talked to family members in a few days.

Rad and I have kind of been hiding out together recently, it seems. Sometimes we don't talk for a while even though we're in the same room. We're each fooling around on the computer. But it's really nice to have him here, to be ABLE to talk to him when I want to, to comment on something I just read on some blog, to go over and hug him spontaneously.

Sometimes he just gets it in his head that I need a spanking, and next thing I know I'm bent over his knee and he's peeling my underwear down...

Ahem. I wasn't TALKING about spanking. How did that get in here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me comment on your post by saying what I tell you in person, you're better at your job than you give yourself credit for. You're carrying your department whether you believe it or not and I firmly believe you'll be in charge once the big bosses realize your supervisor is incompetent.

As for spankings: At the latest you'll be getting the many spankings of Earth on Saturday night - but I'm sure I can fit something in before that.

Girl on the QMIA... said...

how many kinds of spankings am I getting?