Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nesting -- is that what it's called?


Don't want to go anywhere. We are cooking a turkey for dinner, one that's been frozen since Thanksgiving -- P got it free from work but the family already had one so we just put it away till later. I had some stale bread and I tossed together a basic homemade stuffing (luckily we had some onions, and poultry seasoning in the cabinet. No celery, though. Oh well). So, that's been in there for about an hour and a half, stinking up the joint in a good way, and P's out shopping.

I've got my big warm bear slippers on and I'm going to zone out on the couch, hopefully with two kitties snuggling with me, and either read or watch junk TV.

No one can MAKE me do anything else. Tomorrow it's back to the real world, back to my exercise plan (I let myself miss a couple days while I was recovering from surgery). But today, I'm allowed to do nothing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's nesting, and it sounds like you had a good day for yourself.

-Dolly

Girl on the QMIA... said...

The turkey was great, and neither of us mind leftovers, so we've been eating turkey all week.