Sunday, November 4, 2007

Curtains are hung! Valence is done!

I bought curtain rods last week, and took the plunge and put them up yesterday. Took a special drill bit to get through the wall, I think we are right up against a hardwood stud. I had some fabric I'd purchased a while ago, so I made valences for the top (it was a double curtain rod; one in front of the other).

Here is the result. Having never done this before, I think it came out pretty nicely.

I THOUGHT I would have pictures to post today of our newly repainted kitchen cabinets, but we are not done. The color looks nice, but we have some fixing to do on the second coat. Sigh.
I am so tired. Yesterday I also installed an under-counter garbage holder, but this meant sawing off part of the center support so that it would fit. It's not pretty, but it's hidden and looks better than what we were doing, which was hanging a bag over the handle of the stove.
I'm also tired because we went to Paddles last night. I got to play with B., a very hard male bottom, and I really loved whipping him with his own leather belt.
Paul got me good, as well, with hand, belt, strap and nasty rattail. !!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - every thing you are doing is looking GREAT! I'm sure P is thrilled about his DIY wife, even if it means getting his own hands dirty.

I'm sure he enjoyed giving you yours at Paddles *wink*!

Girl on the QMIA... said...

Yes'm