Monday, July 14, 2008

Trying to take it easy


It may be weather-related, but I've had a headache all day, and I'm tired and did not feel very productive at work today. Today my new supervisor started, and I'm waiting and watching to see how THAT will work out. The boss I've occasionally bitched about is still there, but the new boss will be in between me and the higher level one. So that might be good.

On the other hand, I'll surely be called upon to help the new supervisor learn the job, because I don't trust the big boss to do this. Sadly, I was not considered qualified enough for this position (I had applied for it) but am expected to show her the ropes. Oh well.

I don't like change very much, and currently all we are going by is her resume with a work history in black and white. Time will tell how we will all get along. Will her presence be a welcome relief after two months of being short-staffed? Or will she be difficult to work for, and will my job description change?

I am hoping for the best, of course. But -- kind of like watching our government at work -- I tend to assume the worst may happen. If so, well, I'll just roll with it the best I can, take notes, and blog about it later.

Weekend was very nice. We went to a small barbecue/scene party in New Jersey and of course, Rad spanked me. I was still sore from the other night! But I also got to play Ms. Cassandra for a little while too, which was fun.

Tonight, we go to bed early and try to catch up on sleep.

2 comments:

Indy said...

Hope she's a good boss, Sandy. You should be abel to tell soon enough by the way she treats you while you're training her. If she's good, she'll recognize how good you are. If she's insecure, you'll be able to tell.

Love the hammock picture. Makes even me want to get a pedicure!

Ms. Cassandra (Sandy) Park said...

Today is day four of the new boss, and we have a meeting scheduled at 9:30 to "... discuss the scope of your job and what you would like to accomplish going forward."

Do I REALLY need this?

P.S. If you could see the toes up close, you'd see how badly I need a NEW pedicure! Girly stuff...