Saturday, October 27, 2007

Prime-l scream




I'm exhausted, but we finally got to the painting stage in the kitchen. I haven't written much about this, because it's embarrassing, but I've been wanting to paint the kitchen for months and putting it off for one reason or another. Last month or so I was getting it into my head that I should just call a professional, but we don't know if we can afford that right now, I've already got the paint here, and it shouldn't be rocket science.
But, one must admit that prepping walls can be grueling. I've been finishing up the prep all week. This morning there was still cleaning and sanding to finish up, then I gave it one last wipe down and got the primer out. P. helped, and we finished everything but the front bottom cabinets -- we had overlooked them. But everything else is primed, including the ceiling, and we're ready to put color on tomorrow.
Exciting! I hope I can move tomorrow. I have a feeling I overdid this job, I am sore in many places.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Can Do It!

Awesome, I'm glad you are finally getting to it. Wanna come down and paint my house? Kidding! Mostly... ;-)

-Dolly

Girl on the QMIA... said...

Yes, and should I be wearing something special while I paint for you?

J