Monday, May 19, 2008

Asking for it

(Cross-posted from MySpace blog http://www.myspace.com/davidiamametelle)

The other morning I was dawdling, fooling around, and we left a few minutes late for work (we're supposed to be out the door by 7 a.m.). In the car, Paul told me, "You're getting a whipping tonight." I said, innocently, "Am I?" He said, "You'll see." All was sweetness and light, with a bit of banter -- nothing could actually happen to me right then.

That night I came home a bit late because I'd signed up to give blood after work. He said nothing about my threatened whipping, at least not right away. There was a Shadow Lane members' chat scheduled, so I turned on my computer and jumped in. Paul said he wasn't in the mood to chat right then, but periodically asked what the topic was.

At one point I told the chat room, "I'm supposed to be getting a whipping tonight but so far Paul hasn't said anything." One or two helpful "friends" offered to send Paul emails to remind him. I didn't know if I was in the mood either, and didn't really want to remind him.

We tend to use "whipping" in a vague way, as in, "You're getting your ass whupped." So it doesn't necessarily mean a whip will be used. It could be the liquid cane (extremely nasty), or a flogger, or the leather rat tail, or something else. That night, I was feeling "flogger, yes; liquid cane, no." But if Paul had said, "Okay, let's go into the bedroom so we can have our 'talk,'" I would have submitted and taken any implement he chose.

Almost right after I posted on the chat board about the pending whipping, Paul said, "So what are you guys talking about?" I got nervous and said, "Oh, nothing," in a voice indicating there was certainly "something" going on. I expected him to push me for an answer, which I would have given, but instead I think I hurt his feelings and left him thinking we were talking about him behind his back. Well, we WERE, but not in any bad way. I simply did not want to ASK him for my whipping, did not want to remind him of it.

The next morning, safely in the car on the way to work (hey, I'm not stupid) I came clean. But, he said, "I wasn't in the mood last night to punish you." "Oh," I said, somewhat relieved. We talked about it a little bit. For me, I'm often "not in the mood," but can get in the mood very quickly, especially when being MADE to accept it is a large part of what turns you on. And especially when a "real" punishment is what turns you on.

So the whipping is temporarily on hold, but still waiting for me, and could be carried out at any time. But I probably still won't ask for it. Until I start Jonesing for it. Which could happen. Who knows?

No comments: