Thursday, June 21, 2007

New York still surprises me

I got off the 1 train at 96th, and I was walking up Broadway when I see a middle-aged man in a suit, walking the opposite way, shaving his face with a battery-operated razor. First thought was -- how rude; glad I wasn't holding any exposed food when he passed by, stubble flying. But then again, considering all the men I've seen spit on the street right in front of me, shaving is a minor thing. And when I got to work our receptionist said she's seen guys shaving and walking before. So I guess I have a lot to learn.

Next weird thing -- I get into the elevator, it's crowded and someone has his/her Ipod cranked up pretty loud. I hear it coming through and -- what IS that? JOHN DENVER? Someone's blasting JOHN DENVER on their i-Pod? That may beat shaving on the street. Or, it's close.

I'm supposed to be working. These things will have to be pondered in depth later.

No comments: